1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
The data we may hold includes:
· Telephone number
· Email address.
2. Who are we?
Amatsu Clinics UK is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Amatsu Clinics UK complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
· To administer client records
· To manage our students, employees and volunteers
· To maintain our own accounts and records
· To inform you of news, events, activities and courses running at the Amatsu Clinics UK via MailChimp
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
· Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services.
· Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement
5. Sharing your personal data
· Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential
We will only share your data with third parties outside of Amatsu Clinics UK with your consent or if we are legally obliged to do so.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain your data until further notice. In the event of a practitioner at Amatsu Clinics UK ceasing trading, your data will be retained for 8 years after closure.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
· The right to request a copy of your personal data which Amatsu Clinics UK holds about you;
· The right to request that the Amatsu Clinics UK corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
· The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Amatsu Clinics UK to retain such data;
· The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
· The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable
· The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
· The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
· The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact Gina Lilley at firstname.lastname@example.org